Template:PC Template Rav samal bakhir (Sergeant Major) Eli Aarons is the Non Commissioned Officer In Charge (branded as Chief of the Boat) of the USS Aegis. He is a member of the Zroa HaAvir VeHahalal, the Air and Space Arm commonly known as the Israeli Air Force (IAF).
- Height: 1.84 m
- Weight: 90 kg
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Brown
- Hair Style: Short
- ATA Gene Status: Positive - Gene Therapy
- WTA Gene Status: Untested
- GTA Gene Status: Negative
- Primary & Secondary:
- Public Schooling in Tel Aviv & Ottawa
- Intermittently Home schooled by mother & tutored by embassy tutors
- Military Education:
- Basic Training - Israeli Air Force
- Advanced Intelligence Training - Israel Defence Force
- Father: Meir Mufas Aarons - Senior IOA Representative, Israel
- Mother: Alison Carmine Aarons (nee: Wallace)
- Sister: Ziva Sela Aarons - Senior Assitant to IOA Representative Meir Aarons
- Sister: Mirna Mary Aarons - Intelligence Officer, Mossad
- Basic Training
- 12/09/2003 - 05/14/2004
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Technician, 200 Squadron
- 05/14/2004 - 11/09/2004
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Systems Technician, 200 Squadron
- 11/09/2004 - 08/08/2005
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Operator, 200 Squadron
- 08/08/2005 - 03/22/2007
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Analysts, 200 Squadron
- 03/22/2007 - 05/15/2008
- Operator - Unit 5101 (Shaldag), Special Air Forces Command
- 05/15/2008 - 08/12/2014
- Signal Intelligence Analyst - Unit 8200, Israeli Intelligence Corps
- 08/12/2014 - 09/09/2017
- Detached Service with the United States Air Force
- 09/09/2017 - 03/17/2018
- Team Member, Stargate Team 17 (SG-17)
- 03/17/2018 - 05/11/2019
- Intelligence Analyst, UNV Titan
- 05/11/2019 - 02/22/2022
- Non Commissioned Officer in Charge, Israeli Stargate Program Headquarters
- 02/22/2022 - 01/31/2024
- Chief of the Boat, USS Aegis
- 01/31/2024 - Present
Date of PromotionEdit
- - Turai (Private): 05/14/2004
- - Rav turai (Private First Class): 11/09/2004
- - Samal (Sergeant): 08/08/2005
- - Samal rishon (Senior Sergeant): 03/22/2007
- - Rav samal (First Sergeant): 09/15/2010
- - Rav samal rishon (Senior First Sergeant): 08/12/2014
- - Rav samal mitkadem (Master First Sergeant): 09/09/2017
- - Rav samal bakhir (Sergeant Major): 02/22/2022
Eli was the first child of Meir Aarons an Israeli and Alison Wallace, a Canadian. Meir traveled frequently between Israel and Canada, always staying at the same hotel where Alison worked as a Concierge. Meir was incredibly taken with the young women, while Alison merely saw it as a fling. However when she discovered she was pregnant she told Meir, and had been planning an abortion. Meir however proposed, despite being caught off guard she accepted, giving up her job to move to Israel with Meir and travel around the world with him for work.
Eli was born nine months later, and seven months into the pairs marriage, despite being born in Israel he and his siblings all hold dual citizenship and spent several years in Canada, and many years traveling. Growing up in embassies and the lifestyle of a diplomat, Eli, and his younger sisters Ziva and Mirna were surrounded by diverse cultures. Their mother home schooled them for the most part, but they also had tutors and spent several years in the public school systems in both Israel and Canada.
When Eli was 17 he enlisted in the Israel Defense Force . His father was upset he choice to enlist and not earn a commission, while his mother was fearful he would be hurt or killed. After basic training Aarons entered service with the Zroa HaAvir VeHahalal (Air and Space Arm) commonly known as the Air Corps, Israel's Air Force. His first posting was to Palmachim Airbase as a UAV Technician with 200 Squadron. The Squadron operated the Hermes 450 UAV for reconnaissance, surveillance and communications roles. However within only a few months he was promoted to Rav turai (Private First Class) and made a systems technician with the unit, focusing more on the software side then the hardware.
He impressed his commanders greatly and within a year of joining the military was made a Sergeant and trained as a UAV Operator, a task normally reserved for Officers. Samal Aarons spent the next two years in this posting before being made an Analysts. It was here that his skills in Intelligence were first realized. Aarons was quickly flagged for extra intelligence training and was soon transferred out of 200 Squadron.
In 2008 he was posted to Unit 5101, or Shaldag the Special Air-Ground Designating Team. An elite Israeli Air Force commando unit part of Special Air Forces Command. He spent over a year in training before finally seeing deployment in late 2009. The mission of Shaldag was to deploy covertly into combat and hostile environments and conduct reconnaissance, establish assault zones and airfields, while simultaneously conducting air traffic control and commando actions. This special forces unit because his home for the next six years.
In 2014 Rav samal rishon (Senior First Sergeant) Aarons was reassigned to the Director of Military Intelligence, better known as Aman. Aman, the central military intelligence command in the IDF functions as its own independent service. He was posted to Unit 8200 of the Israeli Intelligence Corps the unit responsible for collecting signals intelligence and code decryption for the IDF. Eli was soon troubled but much of what he was working with, the information seemed unexplained at times, technology far beyond what was known to exist and actions taken by the United States and other 'Western' powers.
In 2017 Master First Sergeant Aarons was put on a plain to Ottawa, he arrived in the Canadian capital with a small group of Israeli Officers and was quickly swept off to a conference room in a government building. It was there that they were briefed by several Canadian and American military officers and informed that they would be forming the core of Israeli Stargate Program. He spent the next several months getting up to speed on everything from inside a United States Air Force Base. When they were done there training they were taken to the SGC and Eli saw the Stargate for the first time.
He eventually found himself posted to an SG team, SG-17 in a combat support / intelligence role for the follow up Science Team lead by the French Air Force Capitaine Marie Robson. However after only a year he was reassigned to the UNV Titan, a BC-305 operated by the United Nations. He was posted as Intelligence Analyst but was one of the most experienced non commissioned officers on board, and found himself frequently assisted the Chief Boatswain's Mate in disciplining and training the younger crew.
In 2022 he was promoted to Rav samal bakhir (Sergeant Major) and returned to Earth assuming the role of the senior non com for the Headquarters of the Israeli Stargate Program. Two years later he was assigned to the American ship USS Aegis on of two X-308 prototypes of the K-308 Class. In addition to the role of Chief Boatswain's Mate, branded as Chief of the Boat, he is also to make a formal recommendation to Israeli Command on the merits of the ship, the 308 is currently being looked at as a candidate for the first Israeli flagged ship.